Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Akward... I Didn't Type That."

As some people may be aware, I don't have a computer at home... therefore, no internet.
It's all kinds of lame! (Especially considering 90% of the world runs off of the internet nowadays.)


To use the internet I have to go to the nearest public library and use a computer.
I am very thankful for libraries because it comes in VERY handy to have the option.

So... getting to the point... yesterday I was at the library.
I used their internet and was logged in to the ever-so-addicting social network called Facebook.
After using the computer, I FORGOT TO LOG OFF! (Dun dun dunnn!)

Since today's technology is all kinds of awesome and allows me to get facebook notifications through my cell phone, I got a facebook notification about a friend "liking" my status.
I logged onto facebook...
My status was:
"Always remember to log off from facebook when using a library computer, otherwise prying eyes may see." (Ancient Chinese Proverb)
I thought to myself, "Akward... I didn't type that."
But that wasn't the only thing the random individual decided to change.
My occupation, religion, relationship status, interests, and many other things had been "updated" (and they were not rated PG anymore).
My profile pic was... um... scary! My face in emoticon form was something like this:


I have to hand it to the random "hacker", they have an imagination...
...and an obnoxious sense of humor.
It took an inconvenient amount of time to change everything back to normal.

So kids.... What have we learned today???
I will remember to log out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!