Thursday, August 18, 2011

Getting To Bed With the LEGO Man!

Bedtime!
Jake was getting all snuggled up preparing for his nightly snooze.
Every night he has a different toy that ends up coming to bed with him.
Last night, it was the LEGO man.

As I tuck in my little man, he tries to lay his LEGO man's head on his pillow and cover him up with his sheets.
Jake looks at his LEGO man in discontent and says,
"Mommy, the LEGO man is too small for my bed."
So I ask, "Should I put him away for you?"
He thinks for a second... then says,
"No..."
"...He needs a little bed."
I was suprised of course. It's a silly request, but who can resist this little face???


So I think for a minute...
I could put a tissue on the LEGO man and call it a blanket...
I imagined Jake's face reacting to a tissue on his LEGO man.
He'd probably say something like, "Mommy, he doesn't need to blow his NOSE! He needs a bed!"
I think some more...
What in the world can I use to make a quick bed for the LEGO man?
I look around the room, through my drawers, and then stumble upon the perfect supplies for a tiny bed!

(A sponge that I haven't used, sewing needle, thread, scissors, and cloth from a dress that had a stain.)

BRILLIANT!
So I get to work.
STEP 1: I cut a small portion of the sponge off to make the pillow and I removed that goofy net:


Hmmm... Every pillow needs a pillow case, so I grabbed the skirt.
Snip snip snip!
STEP 2: I cut a small square of fabric to wrap around the small sponge pillow.

(Jake and the LEGO man watched and waited very impatiently.)
"Mommy, the LEGO man is watching you."
Haha! Who thought I'd ever hear those words?

Sew sew sew...
STEP 3: I sewed the pillow case around the pillow.

Well... Mr. LEGO needs a blanket.
"Mommy, is it ready???"
Snip snip snip!
STEP 4: I cut out a square of fabric to make a blanket.

and...

Viola!

(A memory foam mattress and pillow, a colorful comforter, and a matching pillowcase!)

Mr. LEGO slept in both style and comfort!
Jake was fully satisfied with the results.
Mission accomplished.


Now all Mr. LEGO needs is a Mrs LEGO!

(Awww... what a cute couple.)

Try this at home! ;o)

1 comment:

  1. wow that's amazing, you must be a a very creative mom, that's a great idea but how would you fit it into a Lego house with a smaller Lego toy??

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!